I feel I still don't know how to use this blog... but I will try :) There were very nice ideas on the blog I read. The first was an activity that involved watching Ted talks. The students divided into groups, watched a Ted Talk, and then sat and talked about their thoughts in groups. The pre activity was to teach the students different sentences that express their thoughts and feelings.http://bobsprankle.com/bitbybit_wordpress/?subscribe=success#blog_subscription-3 The second idea was teaching the students using movie maker the cycle of animals.The students formed the modals with placticine, took pictures and then put it on movie maker. Although I felt there wasn't a need for using technology here, but it was sweet anyway. The last one were ideas for different assessment strategies (using blogs, cameras and more) I don't know what I think of it yet. I still find it hard to use technology all day in class. I will keep you updated...
Hi Adina, I think the Ted talks is a wonderful idea. I never thought of them as a blog. I'm not vrey technological.... I also choose the next blog with the life cycle. I thought it was a wonderful idea, it included team work, technology and learning all in one framework. It is an exciting way to teach and learn. I also read the last blog site but like you did not know what I thought of it and agree that there is a need to balance between old fashion teaching and technology assisted teaching. P.S how does one find spell check on a blog?
Hi adina-- Love the idea of ted talks and I actually taught a class like that last year to girls in post high school seminary form the state. We would start each class watching a ted talk I chose then discuss the ted talk and link it to ideas in judaism and torah. The students really liked it because it broke up the structure of the lesson and allowed them to bring in there own ideas.
I love tedtalks and I love the idea of using them in the classroom. I remember myself last year in Amy's class being so enthralled by the tedtalks that she brought to us and felt that they really helped to me to understand and grasp the topic at hand. I therefore would also definitely try and incorporate them into some of my older classes if I could!
Oh yes Adina, you'll write a lot because it will be part of the requirements :-)
השבמחקHope you'll like technology a bit more towards the end of the course
I feel I still don't know how to use this blog... but I will try :)
השבמחקThere were very nice ideas on the blog I read. The first was an activity that involved watching Ted talks. The students divided into groups, watched a Ted Talk, and then sat and talked about their thoughts in groups. The pre activity was to teach the students different sentences that express their thoughts and feelings.http://bobsprankle.com/bitbybit_wordpress/?subscribe=success#blog_subscription-3
The second idea was teaching the students using movie maker the cycle of animals.The students formed the modals with placticine, took pictures and then put it on movie maker. Although I felt there wasn't a need for using technology here, but it was sweet anyway.
The last one were ideas for different assessment strategies (using blogs, cameras and more) I don't know what I think of it yet. I still find it hard to use technology all day in class. I will keep you updated...
Ok Adina
מחקSo next time you write a blogpost you do not reply to a comment, but create a new post
Hi Adina, I think the Ted talks is a wonderful idea. I never thought of them as a blog. I'm not vrey technological.... I also choose the next blog with the life cycle. I thought it was a wonderful idea, it included team work, technology and learning all in one framework. It is an exciting way to teach and learn. I also read the last blog site but like you did not know what I thought of it and agree that there is a need to balance between old fashion teaching and technology assisted teaching. P.S how does one find spell check on a blog?
השבמחקHi adina--
השבמחקLove the idea of ted talks and I actually taught a class like that last year to girls in post high school seminary form the state. We would start each class watching a ted talk I chose then discuss the ted talk and link it to ideas in judaism and torah. The students really liked it because it broke up the structure of the lesson and allowed them to bring in there own ideas.
I love tedtalks and I love the idea of using them in the classroom. I remember myself last year in Amy's class being so enthralled by the tedtalks that she brought to us and felt that they really helped to me to understand and grasp the topic at hand. I therefore would also definitely try and incorporate them into some of my older classes if I could!
השבמחק